Thursday, 12 December 2013
Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Regular washing will simply not remove them, spoiling the appearance and hygienic environment of your shower.
What is ClearShield and why does it work?
Working just like 'non-stick' cookware ClearShield acts as a lasting protective barrier on the surface of the glass. It stops limescale and other residues from bonding with the glass.
ClearShield protection for glass provides a surface that:
* Resists staining from hard water deposits
* Is easier to clean
* Does not support the growth of bacteria
* Eliminates the need for harsh and abrasive cleaning products
Remember ClearShield in Action
Wednesday, 6 November 2013
Wednesday, 16 October 2013
Friday, 13 September 2013
Building contractors face the problem of concrete splatter, cement dust and slurry and other types of alkaline construction materials damaging and corroding the surface of glass on building sites.
Inevitably, unprotected glass becomes contaminated over time, ruining a building’s appearance. Typical contaminants include concrete and silicone run-off, traffic fumes, tree sap and bird lime.
The result is costly and difficult cleaning. With ClearShield® already installed however, this means:
The benefits of ClearShield® Low-M (Low-Maintenance) Glass go far beyond its easy-to-clean properties. It protects the glass surface from damage caused by corrosion, weathering and chemical contamination.
Thursday, 5 September 2013
Ordinary glass cannot meet “Green” requirements because it is much higher in frequency and difficulty of maintenance – requiring greater energy consumption through increased use of cleaning chemicals, water, fuel and other resources.
Even with frequent and intensive washing, ordinary glass becomes increasingly difficult to clean and keep clean. Its bare, unprotected surface is exposed to the causes of glass corrosion and easily becomes stained or discoloured by contaminants that bond firmly and cannot be removed by conventional cleaning methods.
This gives a number of Green benefits:
- Reduced energy requirements: less need for artificial lighting, reduced frequency of cleaning by 50% on average with less trips to job sites with lower consumption of fuel and other costs, reduced costs of operating and maintaining access equipment, reduced consumption of cleaning chemicals and other materials, less risks of delays in completion of projects.
- Greater energy efficiency: photovoltaic (PV) solar cells for electricity generation, solar panels for heating water and commercial greenhouses.
- Reduced water requirements for glass washing or cleaning: especially where processing costs are high due to water desalination.
- Cleaner, greener glass for reduced environmental impacts Carbon footprints: reduced emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases caused by higher usage of transportation and access equipment for maintenance, call-backs and replacements as well as production and use of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Hazardous cleaning chemicals and abrasive methods: normally not required for glass with durable surface protection and 'non-stick', easy-clean, low-maintenance performance.
- Sustainability: reduced need for glass replacements due to unsightly appearance caused by surface corrosion.
Get cleaner, greener glass... ask for ClearShield®!
Monday, 19 August 2013
- operation and maintenance of vehicles and access equipment
- consumption of water, cleaning chemicals and other materials
A not-so-satisfactory solution to dirty glass is to simply tolerate it. Another solution is to carry out frequent cleaning, but this generates high energy requirements for manpower and operation and maintenance of access equipment. It also creates high consumption of water and cleaning chemicals. Now there is a much better solution that saves energy, time and money the ClearShield® System, which upgrades ordinary, high-maintenance glass to ClearShield Energy Saving Glass™ - before, during or after construction. This new, high-performance glass has durable surface protection that is 'non-stick' and therefore much easier to clean and keep clean. ClearShield Energy Saving Glass™ is the first technology that reduces by 50% on average the energy and time requirements for cleaning glass and decreases the environmental impacts.
Wednesday, 14 August 2013
1. Durable glass surface protection with ‘non-stick’, easy- clean, low-maintenance performance.
2. Ways of renovating stained/discoloured glass without harsh chemicals or abrasive methods.
3. Simple and economical after-care/maintenance for glass with ClearShield.
4. Complete system for glass renovation, protection and maintenance.
5. Glass surface treatment that is not classified as hazardous under health & safety or environmental regulations.
6. Durable glass surface treatment that can be safely applied either in the factory or on-site.
7. Solutions for durable glass surface protection before, during and after construction.
8. Energy Savings — architectural glass:
- Reduces by 50% on average the frequency of site visits for routine cleaning of glass in buildings—substantially cutting carbon dioxide emissions and costs for manpower, operation and maintenance of vehicles and access equipment as well as consumption of water, cleaning chemicals and other materials
9. Daylighting — architectural glass:
Maintains the original light transmittance (t-Value) - enhancing health, well-being and productivity of building occupants.
10. Energy Conversion Efficiency — solar energy panels:
Retains energy conversion efficiency by maintaining original light transmission.
11. Anti-microbial — health and hygiene markets:
The first transparent, re-treatable glass surface treatment resisting adhesion and growth of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
12. Direct Food Contact and High Temperature — glass cookware and oven doors:
The first transparent, re-treatable glass surface treatment meeting test requirements of the EU and the USA Food & Drug Administration (FDA).